Monday, January 9, 2017

Stop For Breakfast

The bus is slowing down. A stop for breakfast. Precious few moments to forget all about the destination!

Through the fumes that rise from a cup of the morning hot, the road swims at the distance, looking beautifully unreal. I sit opposite a man who has fallen silent and is yet to realize it. With an urgency of a one driven by an unstoppable lust, but with the stealth of a burglar, I enter and curl up in his pristine silence. Like a dog who sneaks into somebody’s blanket on a cold night. What I saw from a distance was just a mess of hair, rough unshaven face and tired eyes still sulking of a disturbed sleep. But all that was just the covering. Once inside, what I saw, was a slow, silent and a glorious sunrise. I had seen sun come up many times. But for the first time that I ever saw the phenomenon of a sunrise was in a stranger’s eyes.

Just a few moments before my heart broke once again as he reminded me of our estrangement by meeting me in the eyes with a warm smile saying ‘Hello!’.

No comments:

Post a Comment